The SASSA Status Check portal lets applicants view their grant payment status, SRD balance status, SRD Status Check, and pending application status. Monitoring your SASSA Status ensures you receive approved benefits on time. Stay informed by checking your status online for convenience and peace of mind.
How to Check Sassa Status Online
Checking your SASSA status online is a straightforward process. Here’s how you can do it:
- Enter Your South African ID Card Number
- Enter Your Register Mobile Number
- Click on Check Status Button
Follow these straightforward steps on our website to easily check your SASSA status online and stay updated on the progress of your financial support application.
Sassa Status Check for R350 Payment Dates 2023-2024
If you are an applicant for the Sassa R350 grant and want to know the payment dates and when you will get your payment, then you can check them below.
|Older Persons Grant
|April – 2023
|Jaunary – 2023
SASSA R350 Social Relief grant – How to apply?
- A South African Citizen, Permanent Resident or Refugee registered on the Home Affairs database and persons who are holders of special permits under the Special Angolan Dispensation, the Lesotho Exemption Permit dispensation and the Zimbabwe Exemption Permit Dispensation, and asylum seekers whose section 22 permits or visas are valid or were valid on 15 March 2020;
- Currently residing within the borders of the Republic of South Africa;
- Above the age of 18 and below the age of 60;
- Not receiving any social grant in respect of himself or herself;
- Not receiving an unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive an unemployment insurance benefit;
- Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme and other financial aid;
- Not receiving any other government COVID-19 response support.
Sassa SRD Status Check for R350 Grant Payment
There are three approaches you can take if you want to perform an SASSA status check.
After submitting your Sassa R350 grant application, you must check for Sassa R350 status on a regular basis to determine whether you are an approved applicant.
The payment date is changing so you need to check regularly.
So here are the three methods that you can choose for knowing your SASSA status.
Check SASSA Status Via Website
This is one of the best and simplest methods for determining your SASSA R350 status. In fact, you are already using this method because you are reading this guide.
So, how do you check your SASSA status? Here are the steps to applying for a grant and checking the status of your application:
- Visit the Sassa SRD website https://srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Enter your mobile number inside the box.
- Click on “Send SMS”.
- You will receive an SMS with OTP or Sassa status PIN.
- Enter your one-time password to get your SASSA status.
Please keep this in mind. Authorities have not specified a payment date. You will, however, receive your grant money.
SRD Sassa Status Check on Moya App
Applicants can also check their Social Relief of Distress grant status online. They can make use of smartphone apps such as the Moya App.
- Install the Moya App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your smartphone.
- Open the Moya app and tap on the “Discovery” option.
- Now open the link “Application Status”.
- Here you need to enter your Sassa ID number and phone number.
- Now you will be redirected to the new page where your Sassa status will be available to check.
SASSA Status Check Via WhatsApp
The second way to check your SRD grant is to use your WhatsApp account through SASSA Whatsapp number. This method is also quite simple.
The following are the steps you must take:
- Type “082 046 8553” and save this number as “SASSA status check”.
- Now open your WhatsApp account.
- Head over to create a new chat option to create a new conversation.
- Choose “SASSA status check” as the contact to start a chat.
- Now type your name, surname, and South African ID number in the message and send it.
- Now you will get your social grant status.
Check SRD R350 Grant Application Status Via Phone Call
A phone call is the third and final method for checking the SRD grant application status. Simply follow these steps:
- Start your phone dialer.
- Dial 080 060 1011.
- Provide your ID number to learn the status of your application.
- So these are the three methods for checking the Sassa status, and each applicant can select one of them to check the social relief grant application status.
Meanings of SASSA Grant Results
If you are unfamiliar with the Sassa status meanings, consult the table below.
|Sassa Grant Status
|Sassa Status Pending
|This result means that your application is in progress or verification process.
|Sassa Status Declined
|This means that your Sassa application has been rejected for a variety of reasons.
|Identity Verification Failed
|This status indicates that your identity information did not match what was found in the DHA (Department of Home Affairs) database.
|Bank Details Pending
|This result indicates that your application has been approved, but you must provide banking information in order to receive your grant payment.
|According to the findings, the beneficiary did not reapply.
|As a result, your Sassa R350 application has been approved during the reapplication process. You will now receive your money.
|This status indicates that your application has been approved for the period, and you will receive your Sassa payment shortly.
|Your application has been denied for this month only, and you will receive your payment in the following month.
|Your application has been received, but Sassa will verify it, which is currently pending.
|Your Sassa application has been canceled. If you need to reinstate your payment, file an appeal right away.
Apply for the COVID-19 Special Social Relief of Distress Grant
Here are a few steps to apply for a special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress grant.
Step: 1 SASSA Online Application through the SRD Website
This is a very simple method that you can employ. So, let’s take a look at how you can apply through the official SASSA website.
- Go to Google in your web browser.
- Now, in the search bar, type “https://srd.sassa.gov.za”.
- Launch the first website.
- Now enter your ID number as well as your phone number.
- After entering the cellular phone number, click the “Send SMS” button.
- You will be sent a 6-digit OTP, which you must enter again on the website.
- Now, click the PIN verification button.
SASSA Online Application through Whatsapp
The Second way to get registration with the SASSA financial assistance is to use a WhatsApp.
- Launch the WhatsApp app.
- Send an email to “082 046 8553”.
- You will now be given some prompts to follow.
- Provide personal information such as your name, address, income, and social security benefits.
- You’ll now be given a reference number, a clickable URL, and an OTP.
- You must go to that URL and enter your OTP there.
- You must also supply your ID number and surname.
SASSA Online Application through Chatbot
The third option for obtaining SASSA financial assistance is to use a chatbot.
- Open your web browser.
- Enter “www.sassa.gov.za” into the web address bar.
- Now, select the “SASSA R350 Grant assistance chatbox” option.
- Enter your phone number and ID number.
- Now select “I want to apply for SRD R350 grant.”
- The chatbot will send you a website link to which you must adhere.
How to Collect the SASSA Grant Payment?
If your grant application is approved and you want to know how to collect grant payments, here are your options. The applicant can obtain grant funds from:
- Post Office branches (SAPO/Post Bank).
- Bank Mobile Money Transfer.
- Boxer Stores.
- Cash Send.
Sassa Grant Types
SASSA is an abbreviation for South African Social Security Agency. They are providing a social grant to people who are impoverished. They meet basic needs such as food, clothing, and shelter. The following are the main types of Sassa grants:
- Social Relief of Distress SRD R350 Grant
- Care Dependency
- Foster Child
- Child Support Grant
- War Veterans
- Disability Grant
- Older person’s Grant
How to check Sassa SRD R350 payment status?
You can check Sassa SRD status using your ID number and phone number on the official Sassa website.
What is the Sassa status check for R350?
Sassa Grant is financial assistance for all the unemployed people in South Africa.
How do I check my Sassa status on Govchat?
You need to visit the GovChat application or website, enter your ID number and phone number and check your SRD status.
Can I check the SASSA R350 payment status?
Yes, you can do so. Can I check the status of my SASSA R350 grant payment? You must go to the Sassa website and enter your Sassa account information.
How to track a SASSA status check?
To check the SASSA status online, go to the SRD website, enter your phone number, and enter the OTP.
When is the official SASSA recently released statement?
The SASSA recently issued a statement regarding new payment dates. The pending payment will be sent soon.
How to apply for a South African Sassa Agency grant?
Check to see if you passed Sassa’s mean test. After that, go to the “Sassa’s status check” section of the official Sassa website. Check the status as well as the balance here.
When will I get Sassa’s status approval?
Sassa application status approval takes 90 days. Applicants should check Sassa’s status check website on a regular basis for updates.
How to use the Sassa online portal service?
The Sassa website or online portal is a page where applicants can submit an application for the SASSA status check page SRD r350 grant. To use this service, go to the portal and enter your ID number and phone number.
Why is Sassa’s status saying “Bank details pending’?
The pending bank details indicate that you have not yet added any bank account information in order to receive your Sassa grant.
How can I apply for the SRD R350 grant using the SASSA WhatsApp service?
Save the SASSA WhatsApp number (0820468553), open a chat, send ‘SASSA,’ and follow prompts to complete the SRD R350 application
Why am I not receiving my SASSA OTP code?
Common reasons include an incorrect mobile number, network issues, technical glitches, or errors in the application. Checking these factors can help resolve OTP delivery problems.