Navigating the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) application process can be confusing, especially when it comes to checking the status of your disability grant application. But fear not! This guide will walk you through the entire process, ensuring you stay informed and on top of your application.
For adults in South Africa who are unable to work for six months or more due to a physical or mental handicap, the government offers the SASSA handicap Grant (DG).
Online status checks for SASSA Disability Grant are available. Grants fall into two categories: those for a temporary condition lasting less than a year and those for a permanent disability lasting a full year.
Check SASSA Disability Grant Status
The methods below can be used by applicants to check their status after submitting a medical report and submitting an application for the Disability Grant to the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA):
- To check your SASSA Status visit: https://sassa-statuscheck.net.za/
- Disability applicants can enter their South African ID Number, 13-digit refugee ID, or Caretaker ID number.
- Provide the cell phone number linked to the individual’s SASSA Disability Grant application.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button to send your request to our database.
- Our web portal will process your application for the SASSA Disability Grant status.
- The results of your disability grant application status will be displayed.
What does your status mean?
The website will display one of the following statuses:
- Application Received: This signifies that SASSA has received your application and is currently processing it.
- Awaiting Medical Assessment: This means you need to undergo a medical assessment to determine your eligibility. SASSA will provide you with details on how to schedule this appointment.
- Application Under Consideration: Your application is being reviewed by SASSA based on the information you provided and the medical assessment report.
- Approved: Congratulations! Your application has been approved, and you will receive your disability grant soon.
- Declined: Unfortunately, your application has been declined. The website will provide you with the reason for the decline and information on how to appeal the decision.
What is the current value of the SASSA Disability Grant?
Update on the SASSA Disability Grant: The amount was raised to R2,080 per person, each month, effective of April 1, 2023. Higher private income earners will receive a lesser grant because the amount is determined on a sliding scale. Additionally, in October 1, 2023, the grant will rise to R2,090, a R10 increase.
What are the available payment methods for the SASSA Disability Grant?
The SASSA disability grant can be paid through the following methods:
- Money on a specified day at a particular pay location
- Electronic money transfers, such as Postbank transfers, into your bank account (bank fees may apply)
- an organization that receives no state funding, like a home for disabled individuals.
What steps can be taken if an application for the SASSA Disability Grant is not approved?
You will receive formal notification from the social security office if your application for the disability award is denied. Within ninety days of learning the result of your application, you can file a formal appeal to the Minister of Social Development outlining your reasons for disagreement. The reasons for the rejection will be provided.
Discover the streamlined process for checking your SASSA Disability Grant application status effortlessly. Utilize our portal to input your ID and cell phone number, then submit your request. Monitor your application’s journey through our intuitive interface, where statuses like ‘Application Received,’ ‘Awaiting Medical Assessment,’ ‘Application Under Consideration,’ ‘Approved,’ or ‘Declined’ are showcased. Stay updated on the grant’s current value, payment methods, and recourse options if your application is rejected. Our goal is to simplify the process, providing transparency and clarity to all applicants.